Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Hello, Readers!

Hello, and welcome to my new blog with glassBYTEs.com™/AGRR magazine. I’m very excited to share online and industry related news with all of you on a weekly basis (or bi-weekly in some cases).

To get started, I’ll give a short bio on myself so you know who I am and where I come from. In future posts, I will focus on Internet and industry-related topics and hope to be of some use to each of you in your endeavors to better your online exposure.

My name is Scott Orth. I’ve been in Internet marketing for about 10 years and in the glass industry for about 2. I am the director of Internet marketing strategies at GTS, where I manage a team of online marketing experts in the glass and auto industries.

I taught myself various online marketing methods while building my own e-commerce websites in the late 1990s. After some great success, I was approached by a web development firm and asked to head up an Internet marketing initiative with corporate 500 companies like Carrier, LP and Freightliner and numerous mid- to large-sized companies across the nation.

Since then, I’ve worked with businesses in the hotel and hospitality industries, hi-tech, industrial business-to-business, direct-to-consumer, start-ups, local, national, global industries …you name it, I’ve built online success for dozens of industries, and with hundreds of varying degrees of campaigns.

I began discussing the glass industry with GTS in late 2006. What interested me the most was the infancy of Internet marketing in the glass industry. Quite literally, there were only two companies that ruled the entire Internet world. That number has grown to four today, but there are more than 15,000 shops out there, each with a great ability to market and success online. And these numbers don’t even account for the mixed or full-service shops that also have flat glass, collision, towing and other services.

I’ve enjoyed educating the market, and hope that through exposure, education and occasional brute honesty, I can help spread the wealth of Internet marketing to all of you—and help build exponential success!

No comments: